A recent meeting with several prominant public sector sports/leisure professionals revealed a general concern over financial changes in the future. Anecdotes and examples shared included the dissatisfaction with the work of direct reports who are gifted budgets to deliver their over the officers who had to start from a zero budetry line. There was a general concern over the rediness to transition into a new way of working across the teams. Observation of the types of good practice shared and celebrated focused on use of grant for outcomes with the group especially in front of the pay master almost competing for attention and recognition. There is a level of acceptance and almost a state of depression at the prospect of this financial transition with the use of negative language. HE is undergoing regionalisation and radical change in Wales it is almost certain that local authorities and national agencies will follow. Like HE will we see a mass clearout with 100's of established career professionals leaving the profession at a fixed point. Is the industry ready for the void that this will leave?
Is the next generation of sport/leisure professional prepared for this transition and potential flipped shift in focus - new financial climate, new collaborative climate, new creative sustainable solutions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
In a previous update I reflected on the sever lack of confidence in some students when engaging with other professionals and students when ...
-
As I enter in to this new year of teaching I am starting to reflect on the key question of what is learning ? Hodkinson et al., (2008) sugg...
-
Prompted by the need to complete 15 reflective accounts I recently sat and considered (or was it reflected?) on whether I fully understand t...
-
My students have delivered their first event A faction of proactive students have led the first official event under the LSM (sport and l...
-
I have come to realise that teaching within Higher Education provides a huge challenge in ensuring that we provide our students with the t...
-
Before embarking on the biggest test of my teaching career I sat and tried to positively refocus my feelings of anxiety at the prospect of u...
-
Having just completed my second trip to Finland lecturing within a partnership University. I find myself sitting at the end of another exhau...
-
In a recent blog “Students are they fit for purpose” I commented on the need for students to have a broad and varied range of opportunities ...
-
Having reviewed the tradtional learning theories I can see elements of my teaching that are utilising some of the ideas but I still cannot ...
-
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills is endorsing a range of ways to help students gain vital international experience from ov...
No comments:
Post a Comment